Happy Monday, friends! My husband made it back to us yesterday and it has been the absolute sweeeetest reunion. We missed him so much! We’re the kind of couple that does evvvverything together and loves it, ha! We hate being apart and this move was an especially emotional one (moving away from our beautiful home + friends, 2 break ins -one in the moving truck and one in my car, etc.) so it’s just so nice to be back together. Truman made sure to tell his dad like a hundred times, “I missed you, dad! Dad, you came back?!” And then there’s Tatum who just blabs “dada dada dada” every time she sees him. She LOVES her daddy. We all do!
Zella From Nordstrom
Anyways, along with reuniting, we are excited to get into the swing of things here and get on a good routine. Especially when it comes to our health and fitness. I have a few days left of my Orangetheory membership, so we’re trying to decide what we want to do while we’re here- I may just renew my membership because I love going to get a good, hard workout in early in the morning before the kids wake up. But we also may want to sign up for a gym. Do you guys have anywhere in particular you love?! We went on a long walk last night and just can’t get over the current fall weather in Vegas, so I know we will be doing lots of outdoor activities and daily walks for a bit while we take advantage of the gorgeous weather. We loved to unwind and catch up and chat!
PS how cute are our workout outfits?! I ordered them from Nordstrom a few weeks ago and we have been wearing these items on repeat! I loveee Zella from Nordstrom and of course Sid is a huge Nike fan, so these looks are kind of our fav. I love the affordable prices of Zella. Also, the joggers that Sid is wearing are his FAV. They would make for the perfect Christmas gift for the men in your life! Sid is already hinting that he would love a grey pair, as well 😉 They’re actually perfect for workouts or a chill athleisure look, as well, which is one of my favorites on Sid! I thought it would be fun to share 5 random things about us/our relationship below!
5 Random Things About Us
- We LOVE gas stations… but just for the treats. Give me a good soda (with extra ice) & some hot cheetos and I am one happy lady. Sid is a treat LOVER. Chips, candy, you name it… he eats it all and doesn’t gain a pound. It’s really unfair, haha!
- We are both OCD. I didn’t use to be this way, but over the years have picked up on Sid’s ways. My friends always joke about how I never just stop and chill. If I’m not playing with the kids, I am working or cleaning or organizing. Sid is very particular and very clean, which makes me one lucky wifey 😉 . But cooking? Don’t even ask him! I think he’d rather starve than cook anything.
- I am the one that is quick to anger in the relationship, but also the one who forgives and forgets almost instantly.
- We are still so obsessed with each other after 6 years of marriage. Honestly, it has just gotten better and better. We are best friends. We love to chat about everything and anything. And we are one another’s biggest supporters. The best part of chasing our dreams is doing it together.
- My instagram name (@dthompsy) came from our nickname “The Thompsys”. I made it when I was just 20 years old and a newly wed, so we thought it would be so mega cute to have matching insta names (LOL)… if only I knew my Instagram would one day become my business! Oh well, I still love it and think it sets me apart from all of the other “blogger names”! 🙂
Thanks for reading, babes! I am so excited about this week’s content and I hope you guys love! XO
*Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!