Skip to content
Thank you to everyone who has sent so many texts, DM’s, calls, emails.. they have meant so much to us and are greatly appreciated. We are safe and feeling SO very thankful. Our home has not been directly affected by the flooding as of yet, but the waters are quickly rising in our neighborhood and we can not drive out of our flooded streets. We are praying very hard for all who have been affected by this devastating storm & ask you to please pray for them as well- Houston desperately needs all of our prayers right now. I am desperately wanting to help as much as I can, but donations are about all I can do from home. As soon as the streets clear up, we will be out dropping off donations and doing as much as we can to help! I wanted to quickly get this post up to share how YOU can help (ANY little bit helps). Just think if each of you were able to share just $5-$20! It would make a huge impact. Here are a few ways:
- The American Red Cross, which provides emergency assistance and disaster relief, is seeking donations to help victims of Hurricane Harvey. The organization is urging people to make a minimum donation of $10 by calling 1-800-RED CROSS or texting HARVEY to 90999.
- The Salvation Army will remain in communities that have been impacted by Hurricane Harvey and is in need of donations to provide long-term disaster recovery efforts and ongoing assistance to those in need.
- The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center is in urgent need of blood donations, especially type O negative and O positive. To donate blood, schedule an appointment at southtexasblood.org or call 1-(800) 292-5534 ext. 3500.
- Food, monetary donations, and volunteers are need at the San Antonio Food Bank, which is in response mode to support local and statewide needs. Most wanted items are nonperishable food, water, baby food, diapers, flashlights and batteries, new or packaged clothing , hygiene products and cleaning supplies. Donations can be dropped off from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. at the Food Bank warehouse, 5200 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy. Donations and volunteer registration can be made online.
- The Texas Diaper Bank is in need of monetary and diaper donations to provide kits to the families that are being displaced. I can’t even imagine not having diapers for my baby- this completely breaks my heart. Donations can be made at texasdiaperbank.networkforgood.com or by calling (210) 731-8118.
- The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, established by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, is accepting donations for flood victims.
I will continue to search for ways where we can help and update as much as possible. Thank you in advance for your prayers and assistance in this tragedy.