I saw this cute little questioner going around Facebook and because Valentine’s Day is coming up (& because I am always getting emails from my readers wanting to know more about my little family), I thought I’d answer these questions to give a little info on our l o v e (it’s my favorite 😊) story! xoxo
1. Where did you meet your other half?
Sid & I first saw each other at a fireside (church meeting) my very first weekend up at Utah State University. We kept giving each other the flirty eyes, but never talked! A week later he facebooked me for my number. I started dating someone else and Sid was not interested in just being my “friend”, but was persistent and after a few months we started dating! I love hearing his friends tell me the story of how after the fireside he couldn’t stop talking about me + knew we’d get married!
2. How long have you been with your significant other?
We’ve been together for 5 years, married for 4!
3. If you’re married, when did you say “I do”?
August 27, 2011 ❤️
4. What song did you walk down the aisle to?
We were married in the Las Vegas LDS temple- our wedding song was “We Are Man & Wife” by Michelle Featherstone. I still cry every time I listen to it!
5. Do you have any children yet?
Yes! We have one baby boy, Truman. I can’t wait to have more babies with Sid, but for now we aren’t in any hurry as we are enjoying being a mommy and daddy to one!
6. What’s your favorite thing about your other half?
He is my biggest fan and supporter. He is kind, thoughtful, & patient. I have never felt more loved than I do by him. He is also so hardworking and the best daddy to Truman. I’m a lucky woman!
7. Were you and your other half high school sweethearts?
Nope! BUT we were married for almost my whole time in college.
8. Where was your first date?
A little pizza place in Logan, Utah! My crazy school + cheer schedule made it so hard for us to finally plan a date & we had to squeeze in the pizza date right before a game.
9. How long were you dating before you said “I love you”?
10. How long were you dating your other half before he/she proposed?
3 months- Crazy, I know… but when you know, you know!
11. Where is your favorite place you have traveled with your other half?
12. How do you and your other half usually spend Valentines Day?
We always do dinner & a movie! This year we are going to a show and are super excited.
13. What does your favorite date night’ consist of?
Since buying our home, our fav date nights are spent hitting up Home Depot and the gas station for some hot Cheetos and a soda! I do always love to go to dinner and chat with my man & think it is always so important to continue to “date your spouse”.
14. What is the best gift you have received from your other half?
Our very first Valentine’s Day Sid made me a book of all of our texts! It was soo cute that he took the time to type them all up and we get a kick out of reading all the cheesiness of our first months together. I love that we can have those forever and show our kids how it all began!