Happy Monday & Halloween, friends! Since we’ll all be surrounded by an abundance of treats today, I thought I’d share the 5 ways I stay motivated to live a healthy lifestyle (because at 6 months pregnant, it’s not always the easiest!)
- Just get moving! Being 25 weeks pregnant this week, I have definitely had to change my workouts… between round ligament pain & adjusting to my growing belly, I’ve found that the key is to not stop being active everyday. I feel so much better (both mentally and physically) when I get a workout in. It can be as hard as attending a fitness class of your choice (I’m still going to Orange Theory a few days a week) or as simple as going on a walk with your toddler!
- Set goals. Obviously I’m not working towards my prime bikini body right now (ha!) but I DO try to set goals for myself. Some of my goals have included trying to be steadily active one hour a day, 5 days a week. Another has been to track my steps on my apple watch and try to hit 10,000+ steps a day. This week I will try to choose healthier options for desserts (because we all know I’m not completely giving up a treat here & there)!
- Support systems! I am so lucky to have a supportive husband who helps me to reach my goals and is always there to lift me up. My sisters are also SO motivating to me- they are healthy, hot little babes and I love going to them for new workout or food ideas. One of my best friends is also pregnant and due around the same time as me and it’s so fun to hear what she is doing to stay healthy and fit during pregnancy and swap ideas. It definitely keeps me motivated!
- While I love looking to the internet to see other pregnant moms, I try to not compare myself. Each woman is different, and so is each pregnancy! I already know this pregnancy with my baby girl is SO different than my pregnancy with Truman. I am carrying very differently than last time! While I might look to others for motivation, I just try my best. I’m making a baby! I try to be easy on myself and focus on becoming stronger!
- Gear up! One thing I do know is that I would absolutely not want to workout if I were uncomfortable. I’ve talked about these SO much before, but I LOVE my Zella leggings from Nordstrom,
pregnant or not. I’m still wearing the same as I was before because the waist band is so comfy and lays nicely. I feel like they really smooth everything out and keep me feeling snug and supportive. I love these polka dot ones because the pattern is so subtle and I love sticking to classic, sleek pieces for workout gear. While I was at Nordstrom picking up some new supportive tops, I especially loved the fit of this one. The fabric is ahhmazing. The built in sports bra is supportive and comfortable, just what I need! I also love the length of this tank (I hate when my tops roll up or show tummy while I’m working out)! Lastly, this jacket is a new fav! It’s extremely chic and I adore the cut of it. The high neck line is to die for and I love that this jacket is light enough to wear out on a run for a warm up and then to take off and tie around my waist without being too bulky or heavy. Swollen and sore feet were something I dealt with a ton while I was pregnant with Tru, so wearing high quality, comfortable shoes is super important to me this time around. I ordered a couple pairs of comfortable, supportive shoes from Nordstrom, including these that are my favorite. They hug my feet perfectly! And the best part is, I am able to wear these pieces and styles before, during, and after I have baby girl Thompson!
I am no pro when it comes to fitness, but I do know what works for me! Pregnancy is rough, but it’s important to stay positive and be kind to yourself! Remember that making a baby is HARD work and keeping your body strong and healthy will help your pregnancy in so many ways!
*Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post!