Happy Monday, friends! We had a much needed, very chill weekend with just us four. Life has been crazy and we really felt the need to just spend time as a family and it was the best. I love my little crew and seriously nothing makes me happier than spending time with them! Today, I wanted to share something a little different. I wanted to share some sweet + sour moments lately! While I always love to have this be a space for uplifting inspiration, I am human and also have those not so pretty moments that make the sweet ones even better!
I’ll start with the sour!
- I was rear ended last week. I have never been in an accident before and it was kind of surreal. It wasn’t bad and we are so thankful no one was hurt! The young man who hit me was texting and driving and I have been thinking about that ever since it happened. Please, please, please do not text and drive!! Even looking down for a split second is SO dangerous and seriously not worth it.
- After New York, I felt a littttle overwhelmed (okay, I mean VERY). Getting back into a routine with the kids, catching up on work, and trying to spend quality time with my husband had me feeling spread very thin. LUCKILY, I had my mama in town and her flight was canceled so I got a full 48 hours with her. She was sooo helpful and I was able to catch up (for the most part… I mean, a mama’s job is never over right?!)
- I SO want to bring ya’ll new and fun content! I have so many ideas, but so little time or help! My husband is very busy with his own job and we have no family or help near so I sometimes feel a little discouraged when I can’t deliver more! BUT we have some fun things planned and I can’t wait to share!
& now for the SWEET!
- Truman started Pre-K last week on Wednesday and I am just so proud of him! I got home Tuesday and it worked out perfectly that I was able to get everything ready for his big day. Drop off wasn’t as bad as I thought and I can’t wait to see what he learns this year. He got to check out a book from the library Friday and we completely melted when we saw that it was a shark book because we KNEW he chose that all by himself and we love seeing him want to learn more about the things he loves!
- Tatum got 2 teeth in! She is the sweetest little thing and you basically wouldn’t have even known she was teething other than the constant drool 😉
- I was fortunate to attend NYFW and it was a total dream come true. Who would’ve known that 3 years ago when I started this blog that I would get to be there attending shows + meeting with amazing brands. It was definitely a surreal experience & I am extremely thankful and proud of the work I’ve put in to get here.
- I signed back up at Orangetheory after a month break and am so happy to get back into it!
- I found jeans that don’t need to be altered!!! This one may seem silly, but it’s definitely a victory! If you are shorter like me, then these Topshop jeans from Nordstrom will be perfect for you. & even if you aren’t short, these are SO cute with mules for the fall season! They are also high waisted and seriously smooth everything out and fit SO cute AND they’re incredibly affordable. My sisters and I all love them! I ordered these pants + this amazing corset sweater from Nordstrom before New York and I love this simple, but on trend look. The Nordstrom Topshop section always has the cutest pieces!!
- Bath & Body had their fall candles on sale for $12.50 this week, so you know I stocked up! Now I just need Houston to cooool down a bit 😉 For those asking over DM, Leaves & Sweater Weather are my Fall FAVS!
Sometimes I think it’s easy to focus on the sour moments of the week. I always try to take those sour moments and pull something positive from it. There are so many more sweet than sour moments in life and it’s important to focus on those (no matter how small or simple) and count those tiny moments, blessings, &/or things one by one. So here’s to having a great week and focusing on the sweeet things in life! XO
*Thanks to Nordstrom for partnering on this post!