Hey babes! Today I want to share this outfit that I wore while in NYC. This look was one of my favorites. I received SO many compliments while out and about. I have to be honest and say that I was a littttle unsure about these booties at first. I love to try new trends and am usually not one to shy away from fun new styles to try so this was totally unlike me to almost shy away from these booties. I KNEW they were amazing, BAD- A, and that they would make a STATEMENT. So, I pushed those doubts and insecurities about “standing out too much” to the side and totally rocked the booties and will definitely be rocking them all season long. This got me thinking.. how many of us shy away from doing something or wearing something because we are nervous, afraid, or scared of what others might think? This is something I’m proud to say that I have gotten over in the last few years. I’ve always loved fashion, and beauty, and trying new things, and have since I was young. Of course there have been girls who have tried to make fun or bring me down since then, but I’m so glad I never let them affect me. Now, I’m able to do something that I LOVE every day while helping to provide for my family while still taking care of my babies. I love putting together looks and having so many of you send me photos of you wearing items you found from my site, or hearing stories about how you wore a dress you saw me wear to an event and felt like a total beauty queen. That totally motivates me even more! Push aside doubts. Whether in something as small as deciding what to wear everyday or as big as following a dream you’ve always had. Now I’m kind of rambling, buuuuut I just want to encourage you all to try something different or new! If you have been wanting to try something, but are too afraid or intimidated, put those feelings aside and just go for it! Give it 100% and do it with complete confidence and I promise you will feel SO empowered. I want to share 5 things that I do for myself regularly to keep me happy, motivated, and confident and gives me the fire to get after and conquer each and every day:
- Put the phone down early. THIS has made a huge difference for me. Once I climb in bed, I do not open my phone. Instead, I will read or do my guided meditations. This gives me a time to completely disconnect, relax, and do something that makes me happy and brings me overall health of mind and spirit.
- Wake up before your kids! I’ll be sharing a more detailed post about this soon, but seriously try it! I hate waking up right when my kids do. It leaves me feeling a little grouchy, rushed, disorganized, etc. Instead, I usually will go to the gym (and yes at times I have to go super early) and come home and start breakfast, clean up, and lay out outfits for the kids. That way I did something for myself in the morning and my kids wake up to a happy, more relaxed (and energized) mama!
- Get ready! Seriously. You’ll feel more confident and motivated to take on the day. I will say, some days I don’t get completely ready since I am at home with the kids, but I will always brush my hair, wash my face, maybe put on a hat, and just get cleaned up so I feel fresh! I’ve honestly gotten to the point where I don’t get ready for anyone else but myself. I know it makes me feel good and if I feel good, I am so much more productive and confident.
- Pray and read scriptures. This has been something I have really tried harder to incorporate into my daily routine, day and night. It is what helps me more than anything else. Connecting with my Heavenly Father and creating a more personal relationship with Him truly helps me in every way. I feel stronger, happier, inspired, and loved and therefore helps me keep an eternal perspective and I am able to serve my family better and that brings so much joy in our home!
- Do something for yourself at least once a week. Whether it’s grabbing your favorite Starbucks drink, getting in a good workout, going out for a mani/pedi, requesting an hour of “mommy time” (mine usually consists of a hot shower + reading for a bit). Taking this time for yourself will help you relax + refocus and ready to tackle those tough little moments!
It’s a new week, so try something new, wear something fun, and DO something that makes you happy~ YOU deserve it! XOXO