26 Things About Me
Hey, hey babes! Guess what?! It’s my birthday! I’m a huge birthday lover. I love seeing how far I’ve come each year, what I’ve accomplished, how I’ve changed, and I LOVE looking back on the millions of precious moments I’ve had with my loved ones (and the last fews years with my babies!). Also, I love making new goals (spiritual, family, career, fitness, etc). I’m a lover of self improvement and thrive on making new goals and challenges for myself.
Today I turned 26 years old and I have to say that I feel dang good about it! I am so happy with where I am, I love being a young mom, I love being able to work hard to help support my family, and I love that I have figured out who I am (especially in the last few years). There’s something so amazing that comes with getting older every year.. I am more confident, I am happy with myself, and I know what I stand for. This year is going to be one of the bestttt yet, I just know it! For a little fun, I am going to share 26 things about me!
- My family is my everything. My husband and my two precious babies are my whole world. Everything I do is for them and I am forever grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with them for eternity.
- I am half Mexican! Hence my LOVE (ahem, obsession) for Mexican food 😉
- I married my husband when I was just 19 years old. BEST decision of my life!
- We have lived in 5 states in the last 6 years of being married (Utah, Alaska, Michigan, Texas, & now Las Vegas, temporarily)
- My siblings refer to me as mama #2 – I take my big sister role very seriously and love them like my own children (& now their spouses, too!).
- I cheered all through middle school and high school and was a Utah State cheerleader for 2 years! Those were some of my most favorite times and I am so proud of the accomplishment it was to be a D1 athlete. (fun fact- me + all of my siblings have been college D1 athletes)
- I was meant to be a mommy. It is my greatest accomplishment and there is NOTHING that brings me more joy that being mommy to Truman & Tatum. Motherhood is hands down the hardest, but most rewarding job. I love my kids more than I ever thought possible!
- I have been blogging for 3 years! CRAZY. Time seriously flies by, but I seriously love what I do. I love connecting with women from around the world, I love working with amazing brands, and I truly do love sharing things that I love! It is so amazing and rewarding when you actually get to do something you love every day.
- I’ve loved fashion and beauty since I was a little girl. I have always been obsessed with putting together and trying new + fun looks and am never afraid to try a trend I love.
- I graduated from Utah State University a month before having Truman. That is something I am SO proud of. I feel so thankful that I was able to get an amazing education and that is something Sid and I feel is so important for our children to have.
- I have worked and had a job since I was 16 years old. My jobs have included nannying, babysitting, working at a yogurt shop, hostessing on the strip, pool attendant, cheer coach, property manager of our own rental properties, etc. Hustling since ’07 😉
- I am a huuuuge Diet Coke lover. Just can’t quit it!
- My all time favorite movies are: Can’t Buy Me Love, 10 Things I Hate About You, Selena, & Dirty Dancing.
- As much as I love shopping, I love saving more. Sid and I have always been huge on saving.
- I love working out. It makes me feel good, puts me in the best mood, and gives me energy. When I don’t, I feel like I’m in a funk. I have recently loved running and would love to run another half marathon this year. Also for this year, I really want to talk advantage of not being pregnant or trying, and get into reallyyy good shape! I’ll probably be at OTF lots this year…it’s my fav! Read my review here!
- I LOVE a clean house. I love lighting a candle, turning on music, and cleaning. My husband is the same way #OCD
- I love cooking, but hate baking.
- I’m loyal and love hard.
- I love meeting + making new friends, but I do have a handful of BEST friends that I know will forever be a part of my life. “Find your tribe. Love them hard”
- My greatest examples are my mom and Sid’s mom. They are both incredible mothers, hard workers, and the best, most Christlike examples.
- I am a home body. My husband and I love nothing more than binge watching netflix on a weekend night!
- My first car was a convertible all white mustang and I loved that beauty… until she got stuck in Logan the first time it snowed, haha!
- I am a big eater. Most people don’t believe it because of my petite frame, but I have a fast metabolism so that helps. My trick is eating my largest (or worst) meal at lunch!
- The beach is my happy place.
- I forgive and forget easily. My husband and family always say I have the fastest bounce back ever- I just hate wasting my time being angry or upset with anyone and would rather put my energy into being happy with that person.
- I prefer salty snacks over sweets!
Well, there’s that! I am a pretty reserved person, but felt the need to give you guys a little more about me in celebration of my birthday! I also want to take a moment to express my love and gratitude for all of the support of you guys, my readers and followers, who inspire me to continue to do what I do. So, THANK YOU! I’ll be spending my birthday in Disneyland! I could not think of a better way to spend my day than taking my kids to the happiest place on earth! I hope you will follow along on my stories and posts and please, no judgements on the many food indulgences because c/mon, it’s my birthday! Woot, woot! Love ya, babes! XO